Next gen gaming takes a huge step forward today with the release of the PS4. I’m jumping ship from my Xbox 360 to a PS4, unfortunately for my GamerScore. Amazon Prime came through in the clutch, delivering the system on time as promised. Sorry for the phone quality pictures, but here you go!
As a longtime Xbox 360 gamer, I feel the need to compare the controllers:
- The PS4 controller is lighter than the Xbox 360 controller, but both are roughly the same size.
- The handles are farther apart on the PS4 controller, as you can easily see.
- Touchpad on the PS4 controller is… cool, I’m just not sure how it’ll be worked into games.
- No start button on the PS4 controller. Kinda weird.
- PS4 L2/R2 triggers have no bottom connection. They just kinda hang out there. I like it.
- Analog sticks on the PS4 controller seem very easy to move. I like the grooves on the top as well.
A couple other quick notes:
- I see no issue with the whole “necessary installation” deal for games. Battlefield 4 started installing automatically when I put in disc and was finished in about two minutes.
- Signing into PSN has been an issue. Sony gave the canned, “please bear with us as we have high traffic” response, which is to be expected which is to be expected with the first new console in years.